Friday, September 13, 2019

Prostration walking sitting photos







The following photos are copied from a book I received during one of my five annual vipassanas in Wat Rampoeng in Chiang Mai Thailand.  They exhibit in visual form the tools I have been learning these last four years of my ten days of silence.  The first two photos show the specific positions of the prostrations.  Beginning at four am each morning with five sets of two hour meditation periods during each of the consecutive days of silence, three bows are preformed.  The second two photos are the six walking positions.  When beginning the first year in 2015, the monk told me to begin with the first step and as days passed during my daily afternoon reportings with the monk, he or she advanced me through the steps eventually getting to the sixth step.  The fourth photo is the specific way of turning when you reach the end of your chosen path.   The last two photos are the proper way of meditative sitting and the 28 breathing points.  The Thai monks have a saying, "Do not feed the monkey in your brain."  I have found in these last years of my knowledge of the breathing points and practicing these points during my daily meditations, it helps me to get the monkey out of my brain and release all thoughts except that of being present.  True your breath cannot go to these places but as you take these conscious breaths, you focus your thought on these points of your body.







No comments:

Post a Comment